Tips to Help You Drink More Water and Stay Hydrated:
- Have a glass of water with every snack and meal.
- Add a slice of your favorite citrus fruit to your water for a fresh and invigorating flavor.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Their high water content will add to your hydration. About 20% of our fluid intake comes from foods.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag.
- Please consult your doctor before beginning any cleanse, diet, detoxification program or supplement regiment.
Try Some Infused Water Recipes that Add Health Benefits and Flavor:
- To infuse your water, add any of the following ingredients to a glass or pitcher of water and let it infuse for several hours.
- For an antioxidant boost, add a sliced strawberry, two slices of lime, and six to ten grapes cut in half.
- For crisp refreshment and optimal hydration, add two slices each of lemon and orange, three slices of cucumber, and two sprigs of cilantro.
- For a cool and soothing aid in digestion, add 1/4 C. of cubed pineapple, four slices of fresh ginger root, and six mint leaves.
- For a tangy, herbal detox, add once slice of grapefruit and two sprigs of fresh rosemary.
In order to flush out toxins and not experience any of the above side effects, it’s pretty clear that it's beneficial to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Adding lemon occasionally to your drinking water provides components that help support the cleansing organs and their natural processes to remove even more toxins out of your body.
Hydration Help: Cleanse and Refresh by Drinking Plenty of Water
It is no secret that drinking water is essential to your health. Not only does it keep the body moving, it also helps the body to cleanse itself naturally by flushing out toxins.
Although most of us will agree staying hydrated is important, it can be difficult to consume the daily recommended amount (roughly 3.0 liters for men and 2.2 for women). Why? Because people are busy, and for some, water may seem boring and there are some who just plain don't like the taste of water! Drinking soda, or even diet soda instead of water can potentially lead to major health consequences, such as obesity, kidney damage, and elevated blood pressure.
6 Reasons why water is so important for our bodies:
1. Drinking water helps maintain the balance of body fluids.
2. Water can help control calories.
3. Water helps energize muscles.
4. Water helps keep skin looking good.
5. Water helps your kidneys.
6. Water helps maintain normal bowel function.
Without enough water, we experience dehydration.
Symptoms of dehydration can include:
Fatigue and weakness
Increased body temperature
Dry mucous membranes (mouth, nose, eyes)
Severe dehydration can also include:
Loss of consciousness
Kidney and liver failure
DISCLAIMER: This information provides benefits and uses of essential oils based on personal experiences and/or information detailed in medical/academic journals or other publications. This information is not to be interpreted as medical advice meant for diagnosing illness or injured condition of the body or for prescriptive purposes and is in no way intended as a substitute for personal judgment or medical counseling. Statements and ideas contained herein have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Anyone with a disease, illness, injury or medical condition should consult a qualified health care professional. Readers are encouraged to consult their health care provider prior to beginning any cleanse, diet, detoxification program, or any supplement regiment.
COPYRIGHT SHARONSESSENTIALS.COM © 2014 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO ORIGINAL WORK MAY BE COPIED FROM THIS WEBSITE WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT.